Sudden severe Pain & Cramp in the legs/muscles, while sleeping
Nocturnal leg cramps are sudden painful, involuntary muscle contractions that happens at night. These cramps usually affect the thigh muscles in front (quadriceps), at the back (hamstrings) and calf muscles (gastrocnemius) which span up to the ankle. The leg cramps can be severe and recurring especially amongst women and older adults.
- Sedentary lifestyle
- Too much exercise leads to muscle overexertion
- Less intake of water
- Imbalance of nutrients like magnesium and potassium
- Excess alcohol intake
- Health issues like diabetes, hypothyroidism, Parkinson’s disease
- Nerve damage
At our `Monisha’s Mantra`, we use natural ways of Treatment to get rid of Leg Cramps permanently in the following manner, without any Medicine
- Diet – Include foods rich in magnesium, potassium like nuts, seeds, tofu, legumes, leafy greens, potatoes, sweet potatoes, ragi, coconut, mushrooms, fruits like banana, apricot, oranges, grape fruit.
- Increase water intake because dehydration is one of the causes of muscle cramps.
- Limit alcohol intake.
- Regular walks, simple stretching exercises and stair-climbing helps to release the stress of the leg muscles
- Sujok Therapy:
- Seed Therapy – Apply fenugreek (methi) plaster with adhesive tape on the third toe of both feet at night (as shown in Pic 1
- Twist Therapy – Twist clockwise and anti-clockwise the third toe of both feet which correspond to both legs for a minute, 4 times daily (as shown in Pic 2)