Why Knee Pain increases in Winter?
Are you suffering from stiffness and knee joint pain in winters? You are not alone, it is very common for many people to have knee pain in cold weather.
Barometric pressure is air pressure surrounding us which drops during winters causing fluids and gases in knee joints to expand. This increases pressure on surrounding nerves causing pain
- Synovial fluid in joints which serves for lubrication and as shock absorber, thickens when temperature drops. This makes knee joints stiffer and painful
- Low physical activity in winters tightens the muscles reducing their flexibility and increasing stiffness
- Less sunlight in winters reduces vitamin D in body, which is important for bone health
At our `Monisha’s Mantra`, we treat and help people to get rid of their knee pain in the following manner, without Medicine and without any Side-effect.
- Regularly do warm up and stretching exercises and be physically active to boost blood circulation to loosen and relax muscles and joints
- Maintain healthy weight which helps to take pressure off knee joints
- Increase intake of anti-inflammatory foods and herbs like ginger, turmeric, basil, green tea
- Avoid fried, processed foods, trans fats, aerated beverages
- Drink 10-12 glasses of water
- Sujok Therapy:
- Acupressure – Massage both middle fingers’ joints which correspond to knees with Sujok ring or twist clockwise-anticlockwise for a minute, 4 times daily (as shown in Pic 1)
- Seed Therapy – Daily apply a band of fenugreek/buckwheat seeds (methi/kuttu) at night (as shown in Pic 2)