Natural ways to treat, without Medicine and without any Side-effect (XVII)
In recent times Xerostomia (dry mouth) has been reported as a symptom of Covid-19.
What is Xerostomia?
Xerostomia occurs when the virus attacks the oral linings in mouth, resulting in insufficient saliva secretion and dry mouth condition. Saliva plays a very important part in the breakdown and swallowing of food and keeps our teeth and gums strong. Dry mouth condition risks the chances of mouth, teeth and gum infections.
- Difficulty in chewing, swallowing or speaking
- Dry and burning sensation in mouth and throat
- Mouth ulcers
- Cracked lips
- Dry tongue
- Foul smell from mouth
At our `Monisha’s Mantra`, we treat dry mouth condition by focusing on healthy lifestyle and dietary changes in following manner, without using Medicine and without any Side-effect.
- Drink lots of water because dehydration is one of the major causes of dry mouth condition
- Reduce alcohol intake because alcohol is a diuretic which can lead to dehydration
- Stop eating spicy acidic foods and caffeinated drinks like tea, coffee and aerated beverages
- Stop smoking and chewing tobacco
- Practice Sitakari pranayama, 4 times daily
1. Color Therapy –find the corresponding painful point of mouth on the inner side of thumb with a diagnostic probe. Color the point yellow.
2. Seed Therapy –on the corresponding point of mouth on the thumb, apply dried green pea (vatana) with adhesive tape.